Professor William H. Davies was Professor of Classics at Aberystwyth U. C. W. from 1947-1974. He was educated at Llantwit Major elementary school, Barry Boys Grammar School and University College Cardiff. He furthered his studies at Rome and Harvard and was very interested in the local archaeological sites at Caer Mead and the Monastery Field. Unfortunately ill health prevented him developing these interests on his retirement.[See Vol. 4]

Related posts: