Marie Trevelyan was the pen name of Emma Thomas. She became a well known writer by collecting and recording the folklore and the narrated historical accounts of Llantwit Major. In 1910 she published her book “Llantwit Major. Its history and antiquities.”
She lived in Wine Street with her father, Illtud Thomas, a sculptor. She lived for a time in London and she married a doctor names Paslieu. They had one daughter who spent much time in hospital at Penyfai. The candlesticks in St. Illtud’s Church are dedicated to her memory. [See Vol.1]

Related posts: