An early reference to the Llantwit branch of the family is in 1671 when Edward Wilkins lived at Little Frampton. The family accrued land and property including Great Frampton, Lower House Farm, West Farm and West House. Great Frampton left the family in 1862 when the heiress, Emma, died and the land went to her husband, Col. Gould. The rest of the Wilkins land went to EllenWilkins who married a Vachell and who later became Mrs. Murley of Bath. The land stayed with her the family until 1919.  [See Vol.7]