Sometimes called Ty Mawr or Upper House, its association with the Nicholl family goes back to their first arrival in the parish in the Elizabethan period. The building originally consisted of a square central section to which a southern wing was added providing further accommodation, and a northern wing made up of a stable and dovecot. At the end of the nineteenth century the building fell into disrepair. After several half-hearted attempts at restoration the house became habitable again in the 1950’s.

Related posts: